Peanut Flour [General]

2014 May 5
Hello fellow, local foodies!

I know this is a long shot because it's such a specialty item - but I've been on a hunt for quite some time now for peanut flour to make a spicy satay sauce I've been eager to test out. Is there anywhere in Ottawa this is sold? I've checked all the bulk food stores, and have come up dry.

Thanks!

2014 May 6
lovealwayserica You may have tried some of these places already but maybe Market Organics or Rainbow Foods would carry it? Or Grace on Bank Street (Carribean/Asian grocery store) or Nasa Food Centre on Somerset (Indian grocery store). Or maybe some of the ethnic supermarkets like Sultan Supermarket in South Keys or Silk Roads on Merivale.

A google search brought up the following forum on Red Flag Deals: forums.redflagdeals.com The recommendations are for Toronto locations that carry peanut flour but someone mentioned that Bob's Red Mill makes peanut flour and I know Farm Boy carries most of their products. The last post in the discussion mentions some places online where you can order it.

Good luck with your search.

2014 May 6
Thank you so much for all your help! I'll definitely look into a couple of those places I haven't tried.

2014 May 12
I have something called PB2 which is powdered peanut butter. It is made by Bell Plantation and if I am not mistaken, I bought it at Rainbow Foods. It comes in a 6.5 ounce jar and you mix it with water to make peanut butter. Could that work for you?