British Pasties in the Ottawa area [General]

2014 Mar 27
I had the chance to sample these amazing pasties at the Renfrew home show last weekend, Good pasties are hard to find.
Brit's and non Brit's alike, these are definitely worth a try and they have 11 types.
They sell them frozen but they are fully cooked, which is handy for me.
They have a website that you can order from and a facebook page where they seem to be running contests for free pasties.
there website is GBPastyandPie.ca and you can get to their facebook from their.
I lifted the pic from their facebook site.
Cheers

2014 Mar 27
Their pasties do look good (gbpastyandpie.ca/) - I hope they'll get wider distribution in Ottawa. I was hoping to also find some eccles cakes on their menu, but sadly, not to be found.

2014 Mar 27
I just looked at their web site and am intrigued. How big are they? Or, put another way, how much do they weigh? They certainly have some tasty looking bites.

2014 Mar 27
FYI we have been selling pasties in Ottawa for the past year at the Ottawa Farmers' Market and other events...
PASTIES AND POTATOES>>>bringing traditional British food to the Ottawa area for 15 years.
Drop by May 4th at the OFM and check us out!

2014 Mar 27
Andy - the English Pie Shop at the Carp Market has Eccles cake. I've never tried any of their products though.

www.arnweb.com/pieshop/

2014 Mar 27
Hi felinefan,
i don't recall the size as I inhaled it...yum yum
but the pasty alone was a full meal for me.
I would definitely recommend giving them a try. I'm ordering some more.

2014 Mar 28
Always thought this would be a great business opportunity in Ottawa... but $7?

2014 Mar 29
Me, too! Hand pies. I thought we could use a narrow takeout joint like that someplace. Throw your money through a hole in the wall and a pie appears. A sort of manual pie-vending machine. Great. Now I want to figure out how to make a hand pie ATM. NOTICE: MILLION DOLLAR IDEA
features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com