Apr 12: Easter Food Market [Events]

2014 Mar 20
The first of our annual shows for the Ottawa Specialty Food Association is being held on April 12th, less than a month away! This is a chance to throw off the winter blahs and pick up a few nice things for yourself, family, and friends.

We've changed location to get a bit more room. Now we're in the new hall that is part of the St. George’s Parish at 415 Piccadilly (off Richmond Rd. near the Metro).

18 Vendors:

Kawalsa, Ohm bars, Baccanalle, Major Craig’s Chutney, Life of Pie, Yummy Cookies, TreeWell, Chamomile Desjardins Hot Sauces, Snell House Foods, Hummingbird Chocolate, bez gluten free, I deal Coffee, Rochef Chocolate, Morsel, Carolina’s Box of Goodness, The Salty Don, Hearty Bakery, Really Horrible Enterprises

**Lunch Vendor:**
Relish Food Truck

**3 Sponsors:**
Diane and Jen with Royal LePage, Kitchenalia and Givopoly.

**Charity:**
Parkdale Food Centre

2014 Mar 20
Please post a reminder closer to the date. I love this type of thing and wouldn't want to miss it.

2014 Apr 6
Next weekend! Don't forget to make plans for next Saturday to come to the show!

2014 Apr 8
Its going to be a fun event. I'll be volunteering at the Parkdale food booth during the morning, come by and say hi.

2014 Apr 12
TODAY! YAY!

Okay, I'll spam you a bit with my list of items.
- vanilla extracts (plain, rum, brandy)
- vanilla beans (Tahitian, Mexican)
- flavoured maple syrups (rum/vanilla, brandy/vanilla, barrel-aged)
- barrel-aging kits
- DrinkPucks whisky rocks

I'm excited about the new flavoured syrups. I hope to see you there!

A few new vendors have been added at the last minute as well:
- The Bread Lady
- Essence Catering
- Top Shelf Preserves
- Baccanalle
- I Deal Coffee
- Rochef Chocolate
We are all members of the Ottawa Specialty Food Association, so you know this is all great, local food.

2014 Apr 12
We plan on stopping by. Looking forward to it!

2014 Apr 12
Bought a coffee from I Deal Coffee, and came home with a bag full of other goodies:

-vanilla beans
-spice rubs
-a new salt for my collection
-jam
-chutney

And munched on a bunch of goodies while there. Great show! So fun to see familiar faces from other shows, too. :)

2014 Apr 12
This was fun! I picked up a few kinds of jam, some black garlic from Major Craig's, chocolates, caramels, some pastries that got eaten while we walked around, and one of Rizak's barrel-aging kits. Looking forward to experimenting with some of these purchases.

2014 Apr 13
It really was a great show. I'm almost sorry it was so busy. I didn't get much of a chance to get to see what the other vendors had to offer! Well, almost sorry.

I haven't heard what the total was for the food bank collection, but I'm sure it was a lot. So many people came. I'd have to say twice as many as last year. Easy.

Thanks to everyone who came out!
So tired.

2014 Apr 14
The amount raised for Parkdale Food was: $922.20
There was also a lot of dry goods dropped off. If anyone wants to know the types of food Parkdale really wants to collect, here is the list (pg. 4 of PDF):

www.parkdalefoodcentre.org

2014 Apr 25
I bought some granola from the Hearty Bakery at this event. It is by FAR the best granola I have ever had. It has lots of good stuff in it but unlike many others, it is not overly sweet. I wrote to ask them where I could get more as they do not seem to have a store front and I was told that they will be at the Westboro Farmer's Market starting May 17th. If you are a granola fan, you owe it to yourself to get some!