WANTED: smoked peppers [General]

2014 Jan 9
Does anyone know where I can get some smoked peppers at this time of the year? My regular supplier has stopped until the summer and I need some more, now.

If anyone can suggest a place or help out personally, I'd appreciate it.

I got a tub of ghost peppers at Loblaw's, of all places. Now I just need some Serranos or something else that I can smoke. The ghost peppers go in fresh.

Yes, I'm making more hot pepper bitters.
Well ... not me. I've stopped making them, but my bitter half decided to take up the product and is taking that over from me.

See what I did there? My bitter half. I'm a riot.

2014 Jan 9
a laugh a minute....

In Canada or can they be from the States?

I may have a list of sources at home. If I don't get back to you in a day or so. Shoot me a msg.

2014 Jan 9
That bitter half thing was thumb-worthy.

She, however, may use a different finger. :)

2014 Jan 9
Mountain Path

2014 Jan 12
^^ WHS. These are the ones we've bought in the past: Chili Peppers Whole Chipotle 75,000 Hu

If you don't have access to a buying club, you could try contacting the Herb & Spice and seeing if you could add on to one of their orders. We have a buying clob, but haven't placed an order in ages due to.. well, life. ;)

2014 Jan 12
Well, she eventually decided to just use whatever peppers were available to her and to put in a couple of the aging tablets I make for added smoke.

Were you guys talking about smoked peppers? I couldn't find them on the Mountain Path site anywhere.

2014 Jan 12
Can you use dried smoked peppers in your bitters? I know Little Latin America has dried chipotles which are smoked by def. They may have other peppers, dried and smoked . Might be worth a call?

2014 Jan 12
Unless they've rejigged the site, they don't list their entire catalogue online. You have to request a copy. Drop me an email and I can forward you the most recent price list I have.

2014 Jan 12
Actually, I just scanned the most recent one and I don't see it listed anymore. Odd. It was the 454g Frontier Coop size. You could email and ask.

2014 Jan 12
Nooooooooo!!!!! We're getting close to out ...

2014 Jan 13
I had emailed Mountain Path on the weekend. Just heard back.

"I am sorry we do not carry any smoked peppers any more."

2014 Jan 13
Nooooooooooo!!!!! They were so good. *sob!*