LF : anniversary recommendation [General]

2007 Oct 16
Number 11 coming up on Friday.

Looking for some place in Hintonburg - so along Wellington/Richmond between the O Train and Island Park, or any sidestreets off there.

Already considered but are not interested in : Absinthe, Wellington Gastro Pub, Petite Bill's (because it has no website, though we may reconsider), Agave Grill

We don't care too much about haughty-taughty atmosphere (11 years ago our reception was at the Oktoberfest celebration at a local brew pub - we bought just over half the tickets for it). Good food, no nonsense, good service.

2007 Oct 16
BTW, will consider Westboro on the one end, and Chinatown / Little Italy on the other.

2007 Oct 16
My recommendations:
Allium, you may think this is haughty taughty, it's not really... slightly like Absinthe in "design" due to share ownership
Siam Bistro, or Anna Thai
Hino's, you won't necessarily get good service here, but the food is typically well prepared and the atmosphere is... unique to say the least. Sit up against the bar.
Out of your geographic location, but since you mentioned Oktoberfest: Lindenhof

2007 Oct 16
the cottage and kitchen isn't bad.

2007 Oct 16
Juniper is a good Anniversary restaurant. Also, agree with the Anna suggestion (we were there for lunch on Monday, it's excellent if you like Thai).

I've never been to Bella's Bistro, but have heard good things about it.

2007 Oct 17
Hey, I forgot about Lindenhof - we used to go there a lot and haven't tried the new location yet! A number of other good recommendations that I'll run past my wife.

2007 Oct 17
I love Siam Bistro, so I'll support Chimichimi on that. I'd say Allium, too, but I haven't actually eaten there yet. I'm just really interested due to their pretty cheap lunch steak frites ;)

2007 Oct 17
Wife says : Siam Bistro

and we all know that their opinion on these things is the only one that matters :-)

2007 Oct 17
Ha! If you guys enjoy some quasi-nuclear heat, I would recommend getting the boar curry, and then asking them to bump it up to two stars, instead of just one. Eating that stuff gets me all jittery and makes me want to perform feats of strength, or perhaps break some boards with my bare hands.

2007 Oct 17
Now *that* sounds like something I need to check out. :D