I don't even understand why this is at Costco [Food/Vendor]

2013 Dec 23
But there it was. All expensive and wtf is it doing there.

And no, I didn't buy it.

2013 Dec 23
I've seen Champagne at Costco... quality brand, three bottles all plastic'd together in the Costco way, for $299.99.

And no, i didn't buy it either. :)

2013 Dec 23
A quick google indicates that $90/50g is a pretty decent price for white sturgeon caviar. Throw in a premium for "organic" and this is great Costco pricing.

Too rich for my blood but to each his own. People have vastly differing amounts of disposable income and priorities. And hey, a kilo of this stuff is still way cheaper than a car.

2013 Dec 23
Wow that's expensive! I had no idea. I've never really priced caviar here. When I was an exchange student in the Soviet Union (1990) we used to buy it on the black market something like 2 or 3 cans for a US dollar. And really good Georgian champagne for 50 cents to $1 a bottle. Those were the days!

2013 Dec 25
Since posting this picture it's my understanding that it's dropped down from $89.99 to $49.99. I was being slightly facetious since they have some pretty expensive seafood items...but I've never thought to myself "hey, I think I'm going to pick up some caviar for this weekend, I guess I'll head to Costco"!

2013 Dec 26
It's an excellent price and probably will be on someone's celebratory table New Year's Eve. Costco is a great place to buy luxury items. I know a guy who used to buy Lalique at Costco for about half price and then resell it. And check out the prices of Fendi bags and Mont Blanc pens. If you're in the market for that stuff, why not get it for less?

2013 Dec 27
Costco is a premium brand based on the demographics of their customer base.