Mt. Scio Savoury [General]

2013 Dec 8
Does anyone know where to find Newfoundland savoury in Ottawa? The Sobey's in Kanata used to carry it, but I haven't seen it there lately. Maybe I am not looking in the right spot?

Thanks.

2013 Dec 9
Don't know about NFLD savoury, but I've found NS savoury at Produce Depot and Sobeys here in town over the past few years.

That said, I usually stock up on savoury when I'm visiting my folks in NS -- one of the largest growers there is just down the road from where I grew up. ;)

Maybe you can order your brand online?

2013 Dec 9
katesco, I don't know about either NL or NS savouries but I swear by organic Mountain (ON) savoury!

2013 Dec 10
Haven't seen it at Sobeys for a while. I stocked up last time I was in NL.

There is a Newfie place in Kingston that will have it if you're ever out that way...he's got quite allot of products and really good fish, chips, dressing and gravy! It's worth a drive if you ask me.

It's called Mike Mundell's Surf and Turf Store.

www.funwithfish.com

2013 Dec 10
Last time I found the savoury at the March Rd. Sobeys it was in the fruit & veggies section. I found that Metro on March Rd and Metro in Barrhaven also has "Newfie" items (Purity products), but I can't remember seeing any savoury.

2013 Dec 12
I noticed a couple of years ago that Lapointe in the Market (not the restaurant, the fish store) had it. Give them a call, to confirm they still do. I tend to bring some back with me whenever I visit my parents (1-2 times per year), so I haven't bought in Ottawa yet.

2013 Dec 12
I can certainly give away a bit, just drop by Petit Bill's & ask for me (Terry)