F.O.O.D. show [Events]

2013 Dec 7
The Flavours Of Ottawa Destination event this year is in the Masonic Hall on 430 Churchill at Byron again this year. It's next weekend, December 14th from 10:00 to 3:30.
Showing:

Aunt Lulu’s Country Kitchen – jams and baked goods
bez gluten free – Gluten free baked goods
Carolina’s Box of Goodness – Artisan Gourmet Brownies and Dulce de Leche
Chamomile Desjardins- Hot Sauces
Hearty Bakery- macarons, stolen
Island Spiced – Hot sauces, spices, marinades and spicy bites.
Just Wing It – Sauces, Jams and Marmalade
Kawalsa Salsa – Salsa
Heavenly Honey- honey products
Life of Pie- baked goods
Major Craig’s Chutney – Chutney, Mint Jelly, Black Garlic, Marmalade
Ohmbars – nutrition bars
Olivia Chocolatiers
Really Horrible Enterprises – vanilla extract
Relish Food Truck
Richard’s Hintonburg Kitchen – preserves and rubs
Snell House Foods- gluten free salad dressing and salsa
The Salty Don – Gourmet Salts and Peppers
Tree Well Limited – Maple Beverages
Yummy Cookies – Decorated cookies and gingerbread houses, candy

This did so well last year that the vendor spots filled up really fast this year. In fact, we've decided to hold a second show the week after, December 21st. This one is more of a stocking stuffer event. It's in New Edinburgh in St. Bartholomew’s Church Hall, 125 MacKay Street. This show is also 10:00 to 3:30.
Vendors include:

Aunt Lulus Country Kitchen – jams and baked goods
bez gluten free – Gluten free baked goods
Baccanalle- Caribbean inspired sweet things and soul food
Carolina’s Box of Goodness – Artisan Gourmet Brownies and Dulce de Leche
Chamomile Desjardins Hot Sauces
Heavenly Honey- Honey Products
Hearty Bakery- macarons, stolen
Just Wing It – Sauces, Jams and Marmalade
Life of Pie- baked goods
Major Craig’s Chutney – Chutney, Mint Jelly, Black Garlic, Marmalade
Morsel- baked goods
Really Horrible Enterprises – vanilla extract
Richard’s Hintonburg Kitchen – preserves and rubs
Snell House Foods- gluten free salad dressing and salsa
Tea and Ginseng
The Salty Don – Gourmet Salts and Peppers
Yummy Cookies – Decorated cookies and gingerbread houses, candy

We'd love you to come out and see what your local specialty food producers can do for you. We raise a lot of money for charity at these events for the Westboro and Vanier food banks, so don't forget to bring a non-perishable food item and/or to donate at the door. Thank you.

2013 Dec 9
I guess I'll be on CTV tomorrow morning around 9am to promote these events. Should be a lot of fun. I'll be on with Andrew Craig, the owner of Major Craig's Chutney, and one of the founders of our food producer's association (OSFA).

2013 Dec 9
Are you wearing the kilt?

2013 Dec 10
I sure was.
ottawa.ctvnews.ca

2013 Dec 12
Great job! Honestly, I remember seeing the post about the event last year...but something didn't click about what was going to be there. I'll definitely be there this year...looks to be a great lineup!!

2013 Dec 12
Great job! You two deserve a giant pat on the back, well done!

Terry

2013 Dec 14
Today's event was not as well attended as last year's, but we still had over 500 people through the door and over $700 in donations for the Westboro food bank. Thanks a lot guys. Job well done. I assume that the temperature had a lot to do with the lower turnout.

I hope that next week we see more people. We've not done a show at this venue before, but I hear it's a great spot. It's bigger, so there are going to be more vendors. I sold out of a lot of stuff, so I'm going to have to get busy making more before then. DrinkPucks especially. Gotta burn me some more wood, too. Those barrel-aging kits are really in demand. I may have to start making bitters again, too. Lots of people asking about those.

Besides the local favourites of baked goods (some, gluten free), spice mixes, hot sauces, black garlic, salsas, salad dressings, honey, and all kinds of other great products, there are some new producers showing their wares. We've got all kinds of chocolate, all-natural power bars, cooking sauces, carbonated maple tree sap (yeah, you read that right), vanilla extract, jams, marmalades, all kinds of products for yourself and for last-minute gift ideas.

This show is accepting donations for the Vanier food bank.

Come on out.
Meet your maker.
You won't be disappointed.

2013 Dec 14
I couldn't make it today, I'm hoping to next weekend. And sign me up for some more bitters.