Boxing sales on Le Creuset? [General]

2013 Dec 5
Just wondering if any foodies know of places that typically have boxing day sales on Le Creuset? I'm in the market to buy a 6.9l Dutch oven.

2013 Dec 6
Many Le Creuset items were discounted at The Bay yesterday. Check thebay.com

2013 Dec 6
I think Domus Housewares on Murray St. does a big Creuset sale in January or February. They'll tell you if you call and ask.

2013 Dec 6
www.ebay.com

www.ebay.com

Shipping these heavy things could be a got-cha.

Wow ... the new ones are :

www.amazon.com

2013 Dec 6
I bought one at HomeSense a few years ago and paid $140 for it. It had a slight flaw in the paint. HomeSense gets them in from time to time so you might want to check them out. I also have purchased enamled cast iron ones made by KitchenAid from Canadian Tire. Unless you want the Le Crueset name, these work just as well and if you buy them on sale, which they frequently are, can be had for a very good price.

2013 Dec 6
I've tried the kitchenaid and also the Lodge brand and had chipping problems with both, despite never using metal utensils and drying them immediately. I'm willing to invest in the good stuff with a lifetime warranty. But if there's a sale to be had, I'd love to save a little.

2013 Dec 7
Have you ever heard about Staub?
www.staub.fr/
I love my round cocotte! Spikes on lids create a rain-forest effect that cycles moisture back to food.
You can buy it at Grace in the Kitchen (Hazeldean Rd, Kanata)

2013 Dec 7
I think the Bay one day sale is over. I was looking at this for a Xmas present but not as serious in search as of yet so this thread is good.

Did a quick google and found one for $299 for the 6.7L round dutch oven but you can see the full catalog here.
www.consiglioskitchenware.com

They also mentioned on website a 5% discount on le Creuset. Have not dealt with the company but they sell Staub also and shipping seem to be free (at least for a cast iron oven)

Another vendor with le creuset seem to be including a free trivet today and they have the flame 6.7L round one on sale for $279 and others for $299-309
www.williamsfoodequipment.ca

2013 Dec 8
I emailed Domus based on Italofilo's suggestion. They said they have 20% off throughout February, so that might be a good option. I had found both Consiglio's and Williams too. The prices at the Bay, would have to be VERY discounted to compare to pretty much anywhere else. A friend said she was able to get one at Hendrix for under $300 on boxing day a few years ago.

2013 Dec 8
Came here to say "don't forget to check out Staub, too."

Leaving satisfied.

2013 Dec 9
saw a couple le creuset pots at winners on bank street today 229 i think. looked in great shape.

they also had lots of kitchenaid brand ones, and one wolfgang puck. the wolfgang puck one looked really nice.

2013 Dec 9
Grace in the Kitchen had a sale on them a little while ago. May want to call and check.

2013 Dec 14
The Bay: 1 day sale today (Dec. 14) on Le Creuset; about 60% off the 4.1 L French oven (reg. $400 for $150) & 30% off the rest of Le Creuset open stock...

2013 Dec 14
Jeebus!

2013 Dec 23
I got in on the bay deal. :)

2013 Dec 28
I saw a couple at Winners (Bells Corners) today - blue one $199 and red $229 at least 4L and probably a bit larger. There was no size but a number"24" stamped inside.