Lunenburg Pub Switching to Craft Beer [General]

2013 Nov 28
For those of you who like me don't follow the "buzz" on this site ... this just in from the brewers' list :

Lunenburg Pub completely changing their menu to a more East Coast Pub Food one, and also getting rid of all the megabrews and brining in 12 taps of micros!

2013 Nov 28
I'm all for pubs moving from mega to micro. The world (or at least my little corner of it) can only be a better place for it.

2013 Nov 28
Don't get me wrong, I like micro. My only beef is that it is hard to find a "light" (as in alcohol content!) brew. I am a 115 pound female who has a 40 minute drive home from Kanata. A 7% pint would put me well over. I wish some of the pubs carried boring "lighter" beers. I often have to have water or tea when meeting friends :(

2013 Nov 28
@WC. There are still some micro beers out there that are below 7%. In fact, the more popular ones are 4-5%. Sorry I can't help you with the commute ;-)

2013 Nov 29
Some micros in the 5% range? Huh? Of the dozen or so micros I drink regularly, I cannot think of a single one that is over the usual 5% ABV

As far as I can see the vast majority of them are normal strength in terms of ABV.

2013 Nov 29
Zym, perhaps you could share your list?

2013 Nov 29
I'm not Zym, but:

Kichesippi Blonde (my go-to session) 4.9%
Nickel Brook Naughty Neighbour 5%
Beau's 5.2%
Creemore Lager/Keller 5%
Broadhead White 5%
Broadhead Underdog 5.2%
Wellington Dark 5%
Wellington SPA 4.5%
Flying Monkeys' Hoptical Illusion 5%
Churchkey West Coast 5%
Churchkey Northumberland 5%
St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout 5%
Unibroue Blanche de Chambly 5%

And those are just "locals". Many British session beers are in the 4.5% range.

2013 Dec 2
Thanks for that list BrianMc-I usually look for under 4% but will try a couple on this list. Beau's has been the one I usually order but Kichesippi blond, Wellington SPA and Broadhead White I will watch for. (I haven't tried any of the above). Again,thanks for the suggestions!

2013 Dec 4
Their menu is here:
pbs.twimg.com

I know it is small print but it looks like 6 craft selections below 5%.

2013 Dec 4
Tx x-13D; good to know..

2013 Dec 6

We carry Flying Monkeys Antigravity in bottles specifically because it is an interesting beer at a relatively low alcohol.

2013 Dec 6
what part of that menu is east coast pub food vs pub food????

;)