Lil Negril [Food/Vendor]

2013 Nov 25
Has anyone tried this place in Centrepointe? There is a Groupon for it right now and it sounds tasty but I've noticed there don't seem to be any threads about it yet.

Experiences?

2013 Nov 30
I tried Lil Negril last week and was disappointed.

I ordered the chicken roti to go and was surprised to find that it comes unwrapped with the curry on its own and the wrapping ripped up and served on the side. I also found the food a little bland and the quantity was too small for the price.

Having tried both, Caribbean Sizzler at Bank and Slater has better food for a lower price than Lil Negril. You can compare on their websites. Tropical Garden on Montreal road was also really good, but I don't know if they are still around and it is a bit far to go if you are in the west end.

2013 Nov 30
" ... was surprised to find that it comes unwrapped with the curry on its own and the wrapping ripped up and served on the side."

It's Trinidad Roti Stylee.
Buss-up-roti
Bust-up-roti
Buss-up-shut-roti
Buss-up-shot roti
etc. etc.

youtu.be/9Og4IFaKob0

Mar 26
Truly, the only place I can reliably enjoy goat roti in the city. Curry is perfect, and roti is not dry or crispy. Also perfect. Other vendors sometimes have goat, sometimes don't, even when it is displayed on their menu. Lil' Negril has never disappointed, and has consistently served us well whether we eat in or take-out.