Chiliheads: will it soon be time to stock up on sriracha? [General]

2013 Oct 30
Will they be shut down before the season ends? Say it ain't so. See www.takepart.com - ahh, life in the burbs...

2013 Oct 30
I saw some previous posts about this - I'm sure someone will make it right. On a positive note, Costco is stalking a pretty good fake version of Sriracha - and its organic if you care. I will be going back to the original shortly.

2013 Oct 30
The Huy Fong "Rooster" sriracha sauce isn't the original by any stretch; it's just the most ubiquitous brand in North America, probably by virtue of being made in California.

According to en.wikipedia.org sriracha originated in the town of Si Racha, Thailand. I quite prefer the Thai brand of sriracha shown here ($4.99 at BestPrice Oriental Market in Kanata) over the Rooster brand! :-)

2013 Oct 31
There will be more ... LAT reports. Can't post the link because of some funky syntax. Judge rules they can stay open and process this years crop. Doesn't sound like there was much of an odour issue, however the founder says:
"If it doesn't smell, we can't sell"

2013 Nov 1
You can get a locally made Sriracha sauce made right here in town at Richard's Hintonburg Kitchen . It's pretty damn awesome. Tell him I sent you.

2013 Nov 1
I know there has been mention of having something to identify Ottawa Foodies members (pins were mentioned)....perhaps a t-shirt with Rizak's pic on the front saying "Rizak sent me"? haha

Rizak; Ottawa Foodies mascot.

2013 Nov 1
Crisis averted - www.huffingtonpost.com

2013 Nov 2
I had made this up for another site, years ago. I suppose I could amend it slightly for use here ...

rizak.info

I'm linking to it because animated GIFs don't seem to work on this site.

Oh, feel free to use this one as well.

rizak.info/PIX/ICBINR.png