Santa Barbara and Orange County CA. [General]

2013 Aug 19
Planning a trip to California in October and thought I would seek some roadfood advice from people here. I used to work in O.C., so I have lots of favorites including the local chains like Rubio's and Fatburger, and we will be making a pilgrimages to the Beach House in Laguna and to Musso & Frank in Hollywood. I haven't been to So. CA in a few years though, so looking for any suggestions for O.C. that you may have.

Also this is only my second trip to Santa Barbara. Last visit was short, and the only meal I remember was in the spectacular Biltmore hotel, so really looking for whatever suggestions you can offer for S.B. as well. Thanks in advance.

2013 Aug 19
In Santa Barbara i can recommend Le Petit Valentin without hesitation - Cali / French style food, really nice looking place in La Arcada, worth sitting outside if the weather cooperates.

Also, Mac's Fish & Chips shop totally lives up to the hype.

2013 Aug 22
I was just in California last week!

If you're in O.C, I personally liked Gen (in Huntington)- which is an AYCE kbbq. SO GOOD. The meats they have are very good cuts, and its only 20/ppl for dinner! The wait is a bit long during the busy hours... I think I waited up to an hour the second time I went, but I though it was worth it.

Also, I enjoyed Boiling Crab. The oysters were really good and fresh. but that place is also another an hr or so wait... haha

Theres also a delicious banh xeo place (viet pancakes) that I went to a few years ago, and its still there (we ran out of time unforunately) thats really good. I can't remember the name but it was beside a vietnamese inn? and close by to Little Saigon. Sorry I can't remember the name.

But don't forget to hit up Little Saigon for some yummy pho'.

For dessert, my cousin took me to a place called Snow Monster, macarons filled with ice cream. YUM, but their regualr macarons not that good.
but they did get me some macarons from a place called "Lette," those were delicious.

Oh I also managed to get my hands on some food from the food truck Kogi. The Kogi Kimchi quesidilla was pretty good for being left aside for a few hours while I was at California Adventures. You'll have to check their website to see where they are.

and thats all I got... OH, of course.. IN-N-OUT. Burgers- animal style!!

2013 Aug 24
Thanks OSM and kayvee. Kayvee I know most people are In-n-out fans but I am definitely a Fatburger devotee....