Where Should I Go for Oktoberfest? [General]

2007 Oct 2
Want to get a few people together for an Oktoberfest party... Any suggestions of restaurants in Ottawa that would fit the bill?
Cheers,
Denise

2007 Oct 2
JIJ's just closed down, unfortunately. They were without question Ottawa's Oktoberfest headquarters what with their oompa band and accordian player.

I still haven't been to the new Lindenhof, so that notwithstanding it would seem an obvious choice.

2007 Oct 2
I was at the new Lindenhof location last Thursday for dinner and they had just finished putting up Oktoberfest decorations. Our server said they were kicking off celebrations the following night (i.e. last Friday).

I'd expect them to have an accordion player at least although I didn't think to ask. Anyways, they're very friendly there. Our server was actually from Liechtenstein; it isn't every day you meet someone from that little country (population 34,000)!

The food at Lindenhof is good, especially the Spaetzle, but the schnitzels and sausages don't blow me away. I'm spoiled though -- if you ever visit Port Alberni on Vancouver Island be sure to try the "Bavarian Plate" at this place: littlebavariarestaurant.com :)

2007 Oct 2
Yes, their Spaetzle always were good - never had them from the new chef yet though. Their ham hocks were FANTASTIC - now that's a real Oktoberfest food for you!