Japanese beetles eating my grape vines . . . [General]

2013 Aug 11
What's the best way of dealing with them ?

2013 Aug 11

2013 Aug 11
Pick them off and squish them or you can pick them off and drop them into a glass of soapy water. Insecticidal soap works only if you spray it directly on the beetle.

2013 Aug 11
kk. Will do that now . . . manual method.

2013 Aug 11
en.wikipedia.org

Dirt cheap, non toxic, works great on many crawling creatures. Just reapply after rain as it is useless after it gets wet.

2013 Aug 11
I got about 50 off by shaking the infested leaves over a bucket of soapy water. The drop straight down when they fall. They didn't try to fly.

2013 Aug 12
Ive had to deal withthese little bastards... This works: squishkill the ones you can find, including any brown sludge covered larva you see. These can look like bits of mud down near the base of the plants. Don't be fooled, they are evil bug larva and must be destroyed.

Then hit the plant with NEEM OIL, including the undersides of leaves and the earth around the plants. If you have clumps of old leaf debris nearbye, clear it and spray there too to nail any eggs.

You can get it at Artistic just off Bronson @ South Keys.

Needs to be re-ap'd after rain, but otherwise works great.

If you're eating anything that's been sprayed i suggest a bit of research as i have zero clue if neem oil raises any concerns.