2013 T&T Summer Carnival [General]

2013 Aug 9
Just got back from Ottawa's T&T Summer Carnival. If you haven't checked it out, you can check it out on Saturday from 4pm to 11pm. I recommend taking the bus as parking is very hard to come by.

It is a 2 day event featuring food stalls set up in the parking lot of T&T. There is a stage providing Asian entertainment.

The food I tried:
Takoyaki $5- was OK but I think they were previously frozen and not freshly made as it was quite cold in the middle. I'll try another stall that has them too.
Bacon wrapped scallops $6 - was delicious. You get 3 scallops on a stick.
Fried squid on a stick $10 - delicious and tender. Huge piece.
Shaved Ice $5 - very big bowl of shaved ice with choice of 4 toppings. I chose strawberries, tapioca pearls, mixed jellies, and jello with some fruit puree and syrup. Very refreshing.

Didn't try the kebobs which were very affordable but the lines were huge.
The smells were divine except one are. The fried stinky tofu (actual name of the product) just stunk.
I plan to go again Saturday and try the other foods I missed.... not sure if |I would try the stinky tofu. Hehehe.

2013 Aug 11
My parents needed some stuff from there and I wanted to check out the festival so went to T&T last night after dinner.

It was very busy and a bit hard to park but I found a spot at TD since I needed some cash anyway. The music was so-so but not a fan of that type of music anyway.

I tried a lot of stuff. Most were good to very good.

At T&T stand, tornado / tempura shrimps which is tempura shrimps with grated potatoes wrapped around. Pretty decent but a bit of fat from being fried with extra potatoes. They also have half grilled lobsters and whole grilled crabs. Had a half of lobster there with shrimp and bought a grilled lobster and crab for home to make seafood pasta for brunch Sunday. Decent seafood but hard to eat without making a mess and the plastic cutlery are a joke against some of the food.

Also had 3 grilled lamb skewers from 167 on metal skewers. Had 1 spicy and 2 regular and I prefer the spicy one. Very tasty.

Had some coconut water and watermelon juice too from different stands.

The lines were long so got a shrimp dumpling from inside T&T to eat while I am in line.

The only issue was that my stomache was a tad upset later in the night and I tossed my cookies around 2am. Not sure if it was too much of too greasy foods or if some of the stands were not very careful with their foods in the heat and I ate something that had gone off a bit. Note to self, chew the lobster more in the future.

Also bought a couple of cases of coconut water..