Menu Anomolies [Food/Vendor]

2013 Aug 4
So we noticed this one this morning at Fil's Diner

From the kids' menu a single pancake plus 2 of either bacon or sausage is $3.99

And adult menu 2 pancakes plus 2 bacon and 2 sausage is $8.99

The pancakes for kids or adults are the same size.

Our 9 and 11 year olds find the kids portion too small for them, so we ordered them both a double sized kids' portion on a single plate and saved $1 each over the adult menu, for the same thing!

Oh and kudos to Fil's Diner in any case for letting us feed a family of 5 with a pretty good tip for $42

2013 Aug 4
Does the adult meal come with coffee? That would explain the extra buck.

That said, I've seen lots of these anomalies. The breakfast menu at The Burbs Pub used to be a bit of a WTF.

$8.50 gets you a standard 2-egg breakfast with one meat, homefries, toast, fruit, and coffee.

$14 gets you that 2-egg breakfast but with all (3) meats and 1 pancake. Fair enough, $5.50 for 2 meats and a pancake.

$15 gets you 3 eggs and 3 meats, but no pancake. Okay...

$18 "Hangover Helper" gets you 3 eggs, 3 meats, 2 pancakes, and a frickin *poutine*!

The real WTF part is that on the original menu, the $15 breakfast was $13 and the $18 was $14. That's 2 pancakes and a poutine for one buck more!! Evidence: foursquare.com

2013 Aug 5
Not along the same lines, but funny....

There's a Vietnamese place in Carleton Place (Saigon's Delight) that has this printed at the bottom of the menu - "please ask server if you have any food allergies"

LOL...excuse me, but do I have any food allergies? haha

2013 Aug 5
That's only an anomaly Bobby Fillet for people who don't know proper grammar. The anomaly would exist if the word "whether" were used in place of "if" :-)

if is widely used incorrectly in place of whether.

2013 Aug 5
I was thinking the anomaly was using "ask" instead of "inform".

2013 Aug 5
Yes I know but my point is it still does not work unless you use "whether" ...

2013 Aug 5
Yes, the adult size at Fil's comes with a coffee, but the kid's comes with a juice (which I suspect is about the same in overall cost ;)).