Mackie's of Scotland Potato Crisps [General]

2013 Aug 4
Hello! Mackie's of Scotland Potato Crisps found today at YIG Bank & Somerset.
Picked up a bag of Haggis & Cracked Black Pepper* and Crispy Bacon**.
They also have Scotch Bonnet (have to go back for a bag of these) and Sea Salt & Vinegar.
www.mackiescrisps.co.uk

* For a Scottish duathlete in Ottawa for the ITU World Championships this week.
Uh, post race after his win. :)
** TBD

2013 Aug 5
Wanted some of these for years. Thanks!

2013 Aug 5
Will definitely check these out, how pricey were they?

Related: Boushey's on Elgin carries several flavours of Tyrrell's. They're not cheap but they're pretty delicious.

2013 Aug 5
On sale at YIG for 1.99 for a 150g bag.

2013 Aug 5
Tyrrell's are everywhere now. Eating a bag from Sobey's right now!

2013 Aug 7
HAGGIS FLAVORED????

REALLY!?!?!?!?!?

2013 Aug 7
Cracked black pepper and haggis? May as well wear yer gran's Sunday doily on yer head and call yerself king of the Kirk!

2013 Aug 7
So I just had some haggis and cracked black pepper chips. They actually taste like haggis. They have used pimento which I find weird but I guess that makes it taste haggisy. My favourite part, aside from the complete and total disgust of my partner ;-), is that the label says that it is suitable for vegetarians. Graze away! Not sure i need haggis in a chip form again however.

2013 Aug 7
You know, I'm just waiting for this to take a full round and come back with 'potato' flavoured chips. I know! Crazy, right?

2013 Aug 8
I guess that's one way to get a reasonable taste of what Haggis kind of sort of tastes like, before trying the actual meal.

This said, Marmite makes its own crisps, after a popular crisps brand had done a great-then-poor job of it. Need to get some more. The 97 gets me right to the Scottish and Irish store, albeit after a long ride...

2013 Aug 9
I tried the scotch bonnet chili ones today and they are ok. There is a nice little back burn but not a whole lot of up front flavour. I have eaten quite a few scotch bonnet peppers in my time and I always use a lot. Maybe these crisps have a mild scotch bonnet flavour? I honestly couldn't tell you.