Arm and Hammer washing soda [General]

2013 Aug 3
Hi! Has anyone seen this product on their travels? I tried Metro, Loblaws, and Bulk Barn but no luck. Thanks!

2013 Aug 3
SO FREAKING HARD to find. I ended up ordering it online (not the A&H brand, but a different one. Good price $8.99 for two pounds).

I believe I saw it at No Frills a few weeks back. Give them a call?

2013 Aug 4
I remember buying washing soda at Zellers once upon a time, but now they're gone...

I would check at more household-y stores than grocery stores. Walmart maybe?

2013 Aug 4
What's washing soda have to do with food?

I'm not even sure what it is, but google brought up this thread from someone nearby

www.diaperswappers.com

And the name of that site suggests to me that some place like the Extraordinary Baby Shoppe here in Hintonburg might carry it.

2013 Aug 4
Washing soda has nothing to do with food except that I plan to use it to make my own automatic dish detergent to clean my dishes after I cook. I thought the green nature of my request would be appropriate for this forum (aaaand I did check the web first).

2013 Aug 5
FF I've never seen it at Walmart, but I've only looked at the Kanata and Baseline/Clyde locations.

Tree Pug: What's your recipe? I'm also using it for my dishwasher. The current recipe I have gets the dishes clean, but not the dishwasher, so I'm a looking for a better one. Preferably Borax-free, as well.

2013 Aug 5
Have you guys tried Finish?

The plain powder is sold at Metro and has pretty basic ingredients. It may even be similar to what you are making. Works extremely well - I've never had a complaint

www.finishdishwashing.com/

2013 Aug 5
The recipe I have uses Borax with washing soda and citric acid.

2013 Aug 5
Z: For me it's about basic savings. If I can make something at home in bulk for less than a box of something premade, I'm going to try it.

My current recipe is washing soda, epsom salts and lemon juice. I'm thinking I'll add some citric acid for a better rinse.

2013 Aug 5
Try a swimming pool supply store. :)

(Washing soda and soda ash are the same thing.)

2013 Aug 6
I find that Home Hardware on Wellington tends to have old-fashioned stuff like that. One of the few places I can find lye! Oh, and freezer paper, too.

2013 Aug 7
Found it at Hartman's.