Ribfest 2013!!!!! Sparks street gets smokey... [General]

2013 Jun 18
The signs are up, the trucks are parked, the grills are starting.... it's that time again.... SPARKS STREET RIBS AND CHICKEN BBQ MASSACRE BEGINS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Yes yes, i know, i know.... Smoque Shack is better, D&S does it the glorious American way and that is right and good and proper, Zydeco pulled pork rocks etc etc... true, true and more true. Yes, there are awesome bbq places in O-topwn, more now than ever before and we are wonderfully spoiled for choice and i'm happy about it....

BUT(T)....

...for the next five days twenty or so teams of sweaty professionals with fake texan accents are going to be serving up some damn good pulled pork, ribs and chicken (at only slightly rediculous prices, cash only, no beverages sorry) directly in front of my place of servitude, and I, for one, am psyched, hungry, and going to enjoy the f*** out of it.

...and also smell like smoke and rack up a huge dry cleaning bill, but hey, sometimes you gotta suffer for something good....

Thus, this thread for raves, rants, praise, comments and extended and mostly ignored lectures on how proper bbq is only available south of the Mason-Dixon line or something!

Now if you'll excuse me i need to start preparing at the gym and possibly the cardiologist...

2013 Jun 29
Other helpful hint: you can do the same with the largest Starbucks cup. Don't forget the straw.