off topic: noise level byward market [General]

2013 Jun 7
So off topic but curious for those that live around the byward market..how is the noise level during late evening, night (till the bars, clubs, close)

2013 Jun 7
We lived in the market for 6 years (pre-kids) about 3 -4 blocks north of St. Patrick and east of Sussex and really it was very quiet except for Canada Day. Even then, not too bad given there are tens of thousands a few blocks away. Very, very convenient for getting around though.

2013 Jun 8
i had a friend who place overlooked the back parking lot of the heart and crown and when the patio doors were closed it was fairly quiet. It all depends on the building, this building was fairly new though.

2013 Jun 8
I lived in the Market for years and luckily had a job where I did not have to get up early everyday. It can get very noisy at closing time and when there is a brawl. I found the junkies to be a bigger problem.

2013 Jun 8
thanks for the feedback guys.

apartment hunting has been tough. it seems really hard to find places anymore that dont have bed bugs. anybody know good buildings ?

2013 Jun 8
Try the other side of King Edward and you'll be much happier. Not that much further away and a lot less whatever.

2013 Jun 8
I'm curious, how do you know that places have bed bugs? (beyond ruffling through the sheets yourself)

Anyway, I think if you're right in the area with the bars and restaurants it will be loud but you only have to be a couple of blocks away and it is very quiet. We were on St. Andrew near Parent, and it was fine. The closer you are to Sussex, the better though. It can get a bit dodgy towards King Edward and beyond. The places tend to be more expensive though (closer to Sussex, that is).

Nice to get up in the morning and pick up fresh croissants from the French Baker for breakfast! (to get things back on topic)

2013 Jun 9
If you type an address into google..within the first 2-3 pages you can often find posts on bed bugs. there is a website too..bedbugregistry that lists them..people post bed bug reports