Best Wings/Specials [Food/Vendor]

2013 May 30
Hey looking for the best place for wings as well as wing specials in ottawa, preferably downtown area, any help?

2013 May 30
Mill Street is my go to for wings. Tuesday is their wing day: 55 cents each. They are sizable wings, usually good amount of sauce. I go for the jamaican jerk bbq, bit of spice, bit of sweet. Only condition to the deal is you must order 10, and then after you can order by multiples of 5. Note that their wings are regularly $12 or something for a pound (which is less than 10 wings) so it's a good deal! Plus the beer is great!

2013 May 31
Clock Tower Brew Pub by far has the best wings in town. Their wing night is Tuesday, and they also have a beer special (their house brews plus select domestics are on special).

While all locations have the wing deal, I'm not sure if the beer deal is everywhere. Anyway, Bank St. location does it best IMHO.

2013 Jun 1
The wings at Real Sports look absolutely amazing. Didn't get the opportunity to try them yet but they looked amazing, they were huge and had plenty of sauce.

If you ever have reason to be out in Stittsville, go to the Main Street Pub for hands down the best wings in town. Meaty, beefy, plump and juicy! Been to many, many places for beers and wings after ball games all over the city and I always cringe playing so far west but always truly enjoy the post-game festivities at this quaint little neighbourhood bar. Their 1 lb order is comparable to 2 lbs anywhere else in this city and they taste amazing, great wings!!!

2013 Jun 1
I've tasted lots of different wings in various restaurants around town and all around Clock tower wins. Mills street is pretty solid and the Tuesday 55 cents is a deal. Real sports makes the best sauces in town and the wings are huge but pricey.

2013 Jun 1
I hear "best wings in town" so often, yet I wonder how many suppliers there are...I've seen huge (Local Heroes), very large (Milano's, Don Cherry's), and small (Pizza Pizza), but there can only be so many providers...it all lies in the sauces IMO. The cooking is pretty basic IMO. I know that I enjoy certain wing places more than others, but for the most part, I can't say that any particular place is "best" in Ottawa.

2013 Jun 2
I'll second Main Street Pub and add PJ Quigleys on Greenbank. Many places blanch wings to shorten cooking time, but they cook every order from raw and you can taste the difference.

2013 Jun 2
The last time we went through Toronto, we went to a place called The Butcher Shoppe. They sell frozen wings, in cases of 40 pounds each in the following sizes:

Fryers, 12 count per pound
Roasters, 8 to 10 count per pound
Jumbo, 6 to 8 count per pound.

We bought a box of the jumbos for $120 and when we got home we vacuum packed them in portions suitable for us. They are wholesalers but they will sell to retail. I also bought a beautiful piece of double smoked bacon for $15.

2013 Jun 3
Quinn's pub on Bank has awesome wings. Lots of sauces to choose from. I think they're $5/lb on Mondays(?). When I lived in Ottawa, I visited a lot of different wing nights and I think Quinn's is the best. One of the few places where I might actually pay full price for wings...

2013 Jun 3
PJ Quigleys on Greenbank near Hunt Club has excellent wings.

2013 Jun 3
The honest lawyer used to have all you can eat wings for approx $10 on Monday's. Not my favourite place but that's a good deal. Lots of different flavours, my favourite being the jerk wings. Wings were a good size tasted decent. Also had good wings in the glebe - something "feed company" - I can't remember the name...near kundstadt sports and has a patio. Very very good wings.

2013 Jun 4
...James St Feed Company, now James St Pub, I believe.

2013 Jun 4
No, FarmTeam Cookhouse is what the writer is referring to. James St is in Centretown.