Anyone with good low sodium low fat recipes to share? [General]

2013 May 27
Okay came back early from my conference / vacation trip since my mom had an emergency angiogram and had a stent put in.

She now needs to be in a low fat low sodium diet. Was wondering if OFs have any tried and tested favourites / recipes to share? I have several cookbooks and are combing through them too.

2013 May 27
I think the recipe book "Appetite for Reduction" might be a good option. It is vegan (and I am 100% not) but I found it really yummy and pretty low in fat, also I don't generally cook with (or add) salt and it was good without it...

2013 Jun 2
Thanks TiaMaria, I will look for it.

I was pointed to some resources by the dietician at the Ottawa Heart Institute:

1) Heart and Stroke Canada
www.heartandstroke.com

2) Health Canada
www.healthycanadians.gc.ca

3) American Heart Association
www.heart.org
www.heart.org

2013 Jun 2
I have the Bonnie Stern cookbook More Heart Smart Cooking. It was originally put out by the Heart & Stroke Foundation. We don't really adhere to any specific diet but I do like her recipes. I would think it is available at the library. They would likely have her first book Heart Smart cooking as well. There are several recipes that I use, some appetizers (a white bean/garlic dip) and another is a marinated flank steak over greens. There are lots and lots of tips in it.

2013 Jun 2
I have some of Anne Lindsay's cookbook and one of Bonnie Stern's from when my dad had some health issues 5-6 years ago but not sure where they are right at this moment.