Affordable, tasty restaurant for a group [General]

2013 May 21
I'm celebrating my birthday in the Market Friday and I'm looking for a very affordable yet tasty restaurant fit for a group of about 15. Some people suggested Ahora, but I doubt they'd be able to cater to a large group. I was also suggested Zack's but I have no desire to celebrate there. By affordable I mean about $10-15 a plate. Do you think this is at all possible in the Market?

2013 May 21
There is always Tuckers Marketplace. I haven't been lately so I'm not sure how much they are charging for the buffet now but the birthday person eats for free.

If you don't mind taking a stroll down Elgin Street there is always the buffet at East India Co. on Somerset just off Elgin.

2013 May 21
the grand is around those prices....more like 15-20$ or maybe smoque shack......$10-15 bucks is hard to find...thats what most places charge for appetizers

2013 May 22
I know 10-15 is hard to find, that's why I was hoping to get some awesome suggestions. I've actually never heard of smoque shack. Worst case scenario, we'll go to Tucker's.

2013 May 22
A few suggestions in the Market would be Clocktower, Saigon and Mamma Grazzis. All would probably have some offerings in the $10 to $15 range. Or why not try Dim Sum at Palais Imperial where you could do well for $15 per person.

2013 May 22
I doubt you'll be able to get a reservation for that many Friday night at Smoque Shack - since I'm part of another group with a reservation for 15 then :)

2013 May 22
$10-15... even at a pub that's a pretty tight range. I think even Tucker's hits $20pp without a drink. Ahora works but 15 people is that place is going to be a challenge - maybe call ahead, and keep in mind the cafeteria ordering system means everyone's getting up at least once.

Maybe Hokkaido sushi on Dalhousie - Solid ayce, under $20pp without a drink iirc.

Oh hey, Tacos de Mauros, totally fits the price range, but call ahead. They could fit your group but if you want that many tables together you'll have to arrange it.

2013 May 22
Tacos de Mauro is a decent call.

Alternatively if it's nice you could go find one of the new food trucks and set up in a park nearby for a picnic.

Any pho place, especially in Chinatown, would be cheap enough too.