Bearbrook Farm [Food/Vendor]

2013 May 16
One of my favorite foodie discoveries last summer was Bearbrook Farm's venison stew at the Brewer Park Farmers Market. The stew was beyond delicious with large chunks of perfectly stewed venison with a side of potatoes for approximately $10. The stew can also be purchased frozen for later (an option I haven't yet tried).

I tried the stew again last week and was disappointed to see that they had added peas. I hope this was a one time mistake. The stew is still delicious and I will be back weekly for it, but I hope they take out the peas.

The elk and buffalo stews are also delicious but I would only get them if there is no venison left as I find them more fatty and oily.

2013 May 21
Their Sunday 'farmer's breakfast' at the Brewer/Landsdowne Market is possibly THE high point of my weekend. They do to oatmeal pancakes what Bruce Lee did to nunchucks, only with less bloodshed and more maple syrup. Their bacon is wrong. Their eggs have the bacon in them. Their potatoes have MORE bacon in them. Their wild boar on a bun with gravy is like carnivore crack. I would bathe in the chili and/or the stew but for the hygenic issues and that i prefer to eat them. And if they have the tray of danish going at the cash, grab whatever they have before someone else does. Try to pay before you stuff it in your head. even the coffee is good.

So yes, they aren't bad. :)