Art-is-in Surplus [General]

2013 May 16
So I don't know all the details but apparently they had pre-baked a bunch of stuff for a market this weekend and the people organizing the market cancelled it. So they've got a whole bunch of stuff on special.

And as a business owner whose business is based on fresh - holy crap who does that! I'd never bring my business back to that market, personally.

2013 May 16
I saw that on FB. The Sparks Street Mall was supposed to start today and Art is in baked overnight and the Market cancelled at the last minute.

I altered my dinner menu to do a grilled bread salad to take advantage of it.

2013 May 16
Sparks Street Farmers Market was supposed to begin today but construction on Sparks went long and rather than have a market in a dirty and potentially dangerous location the organizers postponed the start til next Thursday. Seems reasonable to me.

2013 May 16
But with all the shops & restaurants that stock their stuff, they should be able to shift it easily. Oh wait, scratch that ...

2013 May 16
And they couldn't have made that decision 2 or 3 days ago? Doubtful.

2013 May 16
I'd wager the construction was/is very close to being complete and it was possible it would be done by this morning. Would have been silly to cancel 2 or 3 days in advance when there might only be 1 or 2 days left of work.

2013 May 17
Not ... at reduced prices!!!

GASP

2013 May 24
Apparently the Sparks St Farmer's Market now starts next week, May 30.

Anyone want to start a betting pool on whether Art-is-in stays in?
(there's a 'getting burned' joke in there somewhere...)

2013 May 24
They might stay in. Kevin never struck me as a crusty fellow.

2013 May 27
You figure he can rise to the occasion?

2013 May 27
If you loafers are going to fougasse us with your poolish puns, you should at yeast crumb in as many as you are bagel.