Smokie Ridge Vineyard season opener on Saturday [Events]

2013 May 13
Smokie Ridge Vineyard is having a season opening event this Saturday, May 18. Cost is $20. It includes a bottle of wine, tasting, tour and their chef's famous pulled pork. You'll likely even meet ol' Smokie himself, and he's quite a character with an unusual and interesting day job. It's a new winery using their own cold weather grapes and some S. Ont. grapes, with wine at present only available at the winery, located about a 30 to 40 minute drive south of the airport.

For more winery info and ticket info see Smokie Ridge Vineyard

At present my fave is their 2010 Entre Deux Montagnes, a big cab-merlot, while my dw is quite fond of their Take Me a Whey - Estate Red (ok, I like it too, and the spelling is correct - see their "Our Wines" > 2011 listings).

2013 May 13
I had no idea that this winery existed. Neat! I'll try to make a trip down some time: I'm always interested in trying some of the wackier varieties that I've never heard of before :)

2013 May 13
I'm not surprised Momo - I didn't know about them either til last fall. They are using Frontenac & Sabrevois grapes that they grow in their vineyard. do check them out. btw no weird or wacky fruits are used here! Just grapes.

To make it easier for y'll here's a direct link to the season opener info:

www.smokiesgrapes.com