Can someone please open this in Ottawa? [General]

2013 May 8
I read this lifestyle blog every day of a person living in London, UK.

Today she blogged about this take-out place in London called "Deliverance".

Basically a bunch of chefs making gourmet food for delivery.

Hello Chefs of Ottawa - don't want to own a restaurant? How about a delivery service for your awesome food? Please???

Someone has GOT to do this.

What an awesome idea - I would probably never cook again :)

Anyways - check out the menu and prepare to drool.

www.deliverance.co.uk/

Here is the blog entry so you can see what she got delivered:
www.thelondoner.me

2013 May 8
Urban Element has just started a Tiffin Box delivery service!

2013 May 8
There is one place that does this in Ottawa - I have used them many times over the past year - Scratch Kitchen scratchkitchen.com/ and they were able to deliver to my folks who were ill and unable to get out

2013 May 8

Southshore - I saw a whole foodie show about the Tiffin Boxes in India - coolest thing I ever saw. Will check that out on the Urban Element site.

JDK - Not sure if you checked out the link I included but it's a bit different than Scratch Kitchen. I have ordered from them before. They are a batch meal delivery service and they only deliver once a week.

This is take-out, like Gabriels or Greek on Wheels that you can order at any time of day or night.

From their site:

"To get your order to your door we have over 48 chefs, 8 kitchen managers, 30 call centre staff, 6 customer service staff, 29 packers, 8 porters and 140 bikers working in our five sites."

NOT Scratch Kitchen :)

Obviously a bit larger scale than what we would need in Ottawa, but I will hold out hope that someone would take on this challenge?

AND they deliver booze and cigarettes. Dream on for that part anyways.

2013 May 8
If you can make friends with the right taxi driver you will get food delivery from just about anywhere ... "AND they deliver booze and cigarettes." !

Of course the order needs a heads up ..... and generous tipping will get you 'premium service'.

Do you think the taxi drivers have cell phones just to talk to family ?

2013 May 9
Essence Catering sort of does this with their weekly meal plan or whatever it is called. Not exactly the same thing ...