Two television shows of interest [General]

2013 Apr 23
I think I am spending too much time watching television...

I'm a day late with this one but last night I discovered a new (to me) series on TVO called Green Heroes. They broadcast two back to back episodes however I only watched the first one since it was the only one of interest. The episode I watched was called "Biting Into Change" and the show discussed how we produce and consume food and how some Canadians are trying to use this relationship to support a more sustainable lifestyle. Jamie Kennedy was on to discuss his farm-to-table philosophy and Daniel Lanois was on discussing his relationship with the farmers in his hometown region of the Niagara Escarpment. You can watch the full episode online here: ww3.tvo.org

Tonight at 9:00 the Travel Channel will be broadcasting "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern". Tonight's episode is on Guangzhou which is labelled "the bizarre food capital of China". The show's website describes this episode as: "He [Andrew] finds out why this city earns its reputation as a land where anything that swims, crawls or flies is put on a plate." More info here: www.travelchannel.com

Back to your regular programming...