Amateur food photographer? [General]

2013 Apr 17
Hi everyone, I'm looking to find a talented amateur photographer to take food photos for a project I'm working on. Are there any amateur food photography groups out there or food photography enthusiasts anyone can put me in touch with? Any ideas what would be a fair price to pay?
Thanks!

2013 Apr 18
Pej Daddy ;)

(How's that for deep meta.)

2013 Apr 18
Lots of food bloggers with nice camera setups out there - I am sure they would entertain something like this. I'd recommend FoodiePrints or The Gouda Life.

2013 Apr 18
Would be happy to help if you’re interested! Find my work here: thegoudalife.ca

Kelly Brisson

2013 Apr 18
In all seriousness, I'd definitely back Chimichimi's suggestion of FoodiePrints or The Gouda Life.

(I didn't know you were on here, Kelly! Welcome!)

2013 Apr 18
Haven't posted on here in forever! Lurk regularly tho!

Thank-you Momomoto and Chimichimi for the reco...Hope to eat with you two sometime IRL!

Kelly is a much more accomplished/published food stylist/photographer.

Here is some of my latest stuff. foodieprints.tumblr.com/

Been playing with a light kit of late.

Cheers, all!

2013 Apr 18
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the leads! Kelly and Don, thanks for posting replies! I'll email you both through your respective websites and hopefully we can arrange to chat soon!
Best to all,
Jeff

2013 Apr 18
Kely and foodieprints: I checked your site and pictures are very nice, looks yummy!!

I am thinking about buying a new camera for my food photo,I wonder what camera you guys are using...Please let me know when you have time!

I am going to take a workshop to learn food styling and food photography this summer at PEC, and I will report this experience here!!

2013 Apr 24
I bought Nikon D5200!
So far I really like it.

2013 Apr 25
I need to learn how to use my camera. I need beautiful pottery and plates. I need to get some natural light into my house. Lastly, I really need to make a few things that are worthy of taking pictures of.

2013 May 13
I'm a bit late to the party, but I do all of the photography for my wife's little side cupcake and treat business, and am looking to branch out into shooting more general food photography.

Here's a link to her site for some photo references:

www.ruthyscakesandtreats.blogspot.ca

Thanks,

601Photo