Wedding BBQ [General]

2013 Mar 29
Hi All,

My boyfriend & I got engaged a week ago, so now starts the fun part of planning a wedding! We already have the venue (my parents house & their 2 acres) we're now on the search for a caterer. We love BBQ and are known for our BBQ's that we host.

We'd like to keep that theme going, so we are looking for suggestions on BBQ caterers, competition teams would be cool too. We're willing to do some additional cooking, sides etc. Any help would be awesome!! thanks!

2013 Mar 29
The Trailer Pork boys could possibly help you on that. google them.

2013 Mar 29
D & S Southen Barbecue? I know they will cater events.

www.dsbbq.ca/index.php

2013 Mar 29
I do not have any experience with the following. Maybe others do:

stephthegrillinggourmet.ca/

www.kanatabbq.ca/

www.amberwoodbbq.com/

www.southafricanconnexion.com

Amberwood's pics are making me drewl.

2013 Mar 29
There is a BBQ competition at the Gloucester Fair in May. If you can wait that long, it may be a fast way to talk to and taste a number of BBQ competitors at the same time.

Also came across CookOut Roaster Tony Marcantonio at an food fair so that might be worth checking out too if you want a whole pig or lamb.

2013 Mar 30
I can recommend Amberwood, from tasting their stuff at number of competitions. If D&S caters - they are also very good, I've heard raves about their beef ribs. FoodTravel's suggestion is a good one, although a lot of the competition folks do not cater. (Amberwood is one that does)