Breakfast [General]

2013 Mar 2
I know this topic has been raised on this forum before, but anyone have any suggestions for good "greasy spoon" breakfasts? I have had a craving for a good bacon and egg type breakfast and do not want to go to a chain like Broadways or Dennys. I am located in the east end but am willing to travel to other parts of the city for an awesome breakfast! Thanks for all suggestions :-)

2013 Mar 2
Check out St Martha's Brasserie d'Orleans on Centrum Blvd, near Place D'Orleans.

Not "greasy spoon", but very good. For more greasy spoon type, maybe Reynolds just off Carling. I owuld say All Seasons but I heard they were sold last year. It was a true mom/pop place.

2013 Mar 2
We like Alpha Diner on Parkdale.

2013 Mar 2
Tag, you're it! Bacon and Eggs Breakfast

2013 Mar 3
You say you're in the east end. Try Fontenelle Restaurant.

2013 Mar 3
Thanks for the link, Zym. Ralph's entry and photos posted by FF looks great, and recent. I would interested in keeping this thread alive for more experiences at some places, for example John's looks great, but FF's post was back in '06.

2013 Mar 3
I like Ralph and Sons on Carling. Certainly nothing fancy, but it's good honest fare, fast, and good bang for your buck.

2013 Mar 3
In terms of keeping this thread alive - that's really what the "buzz" section of the site is for and what that tag in particular is for. Really people should be posting reviews over there, not here. And looking over there for recommendations. That was the original purpose of this site.

2013 Mar 4
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I am planning on trying all those restaurants eventually.. Thanks Zym for the link. I took a look at it but all the reviews were kind of old and I was looking for some more up to date suggestions. :-)