Decent non-pizza Delivery [General]

2013 Feb 27
So today I headed out for lunch to satisfy my cravings at one of my favourite restaurants, Urban Pear, only to walk back in the door after nearly being blown over by the snowstorm. Thus began nearly two hours of searching for a decent non-pizza delivery place that would deliver before 5 pm to the Glebe. I'm thinking it doesn't have to be this way.

Could everyone in the know list their fave non-pizza delivery joints for future reference? Could be handy while winter rages on and hibernation is ongoing...

Unfortunately Indian Express doesn't do delivery anymore; Greek on Wheels gets awfully old real fast though they sure are prompt; Ottawa Delivery Sushi folks have a real hard time finding addresses and are quick to say you're not within their 20 km delivery vicinity, even if you are. There must be some good new places out there offering delivery? Let's list them here!

2013 Feb 27
Essence Catering in Hintonburg is now doing lunches: essencecatering.ca

2013 Feb 27
Thai Coconut is great for those of us in the Prince of Wales/Meadowlands/Centrepointe(me!) area. A little bit pricey, but damned authentic.

2013 Feb 27
I would suggest starting with the Delivery tag: ottawafoodies.com/tag/84

Then restrict the search to your neighbourhood via "Click here to add more tags to your search"

Most pizza joints have "Pizza" in their name, so ignore those...