Cooking Show [General]

2013 Feb 4

Healthy Living & Cooking Show.

When? Saturday Feb 23rd 12-2pm
Where? Grounded Kitchen & Coffeehouse 100 Gloucester

You are invited to join us for lunch!

Topic: Foods that aid your body in Detoxification

The Healthier way of Cooking- Butternut Squash Pistachio Risotto (Vegan)

Presented by: Chef Justin Scott (Kudos Cuisine) & Manali Haridas, Lifestyle coach (Zen for You)

In this show you will experience:
- Description of inspiration behind recipe, food, ingredients
- Tasting and learning on how to cook the recipe in quick easy steps
- Coaching on health benefits, healing properties, nutritional values
- Networking and getting latest health updates
-Receive a copy of the recipe and complimentary tea

Early Bird Ticket Price:
Individual rate: $20 (deadline by Feb. 4th)
(Regular rate $30)

Couple rate: $30 (deadline by Feb. 4th)
(Regular rate $50)

*Limited number of seats, only 30 spots available.

RSVP healthycookingshow@gmail.com to confirm your attendance
*(Spots are guaranteed only after payment is complete)
*Pay online and reserved your spot:
Individual Early bird ticket:
www.paypal.com

Couple early bird ticket:
www.paypal.com

2013 Feb 4
On "detox" diets: www.mayoclinic.com

This is likely an interesting cooking show, but please take any health claims with a big grain of salt.

2013 Feb 11
uhmm I wonder if the zen for you person is going to try and sell some "detox" supplement.

2013 Feb 15
No Food Travel, the ZEN for YOU person does not SELL some supplement. She offers an all natural DETOX program using natural foods, not products. Get ur facts staright before u post shit on this forum. I wonder why ur pic is of snoop dog with a magnify glass,,,, u looking for trouble or something?

2013 Feb 16
Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation- detailed list of the supplements and their importance is provided to you.

yay...
o.0

2013 Feb 16
Thank you Kudos. That was a great explanation.

2013 Feb 16
uhmm Chef Scott, you have a wonderful way with words while trying to drum up PR for your event.. Real classy lol

2013 Feb 16
eating a big juicy steak might help those anger issues

2013 Feb 16
my sister is a vegetarian and somewhat interested in learning to cook. I was considering to mention this event to her originally but after the display, I will not pass on the information.

2013 Feb 16
Talking about cooking show, my friend went to the free cooking show "Cuisine Sante International" and it turned out nasty scam.
www.ripoffreport.com

Taking extra calcium also help those anger issues.
Hot milk with honey, maybe?

2013 Feb 16
I gave my name at the rib fest since the cookware looked interesting and cuisine sante kept hounding me to attend their free cooking show. Finally said yes and it turned out to be a high pressure sales pitch (a la timeshare) to sale overpriced cookware set in the 4 figures lol.

A shame since the cookware looked somewhat interesting but not interested with their sales tactics and business model.

2013 Feb 18
Promoting & using Rainbow Heritage Farms produce in the recipe. Encouraging others to purchase directly from the farmers.

2013 Feb 20
Wow. I read the original post not long after it popped up, and I thought I know a bunch of people who might be interested. I do know a rather 'crunchy granola' crowd. ;-) Detox aside, you can generally learn something interesting at this kind of thing.

I was actually kinda surprised about the thumbs down, and then even more surprised by the response of Chef Justin Scott! But you know what bugs me about this? Chef Justin can do and say what he wants about his business or to his potential customers, but I'm dismayed that a farm is kind of getting dragged down by this. I looked up the farm, curious to see if I knew who it was. And I do know them.

I first met Kylah and Zach at an organic farmers event two years ago, and these two are awesome! Kylah comes from a long line of organic farmers, (all of whom I also know personally, and are all great people too).

I would encourage anyone reading this thread not not throw out the farmers with the chef. rainbowheritage.ca/our-story/

I'll re-post this on the other thread for the same reason. I'd hate for someone to discount that farm because of their associations.

2013 Feb 20
OG,

The thumbs down for comment regarding the farm is not a thumbs down for the farm in my case but the fact that Justin Scott did not start mentioning the farm here until after he put his foot in his mouth.

The original post only promted himself and Zen for you. If his intention is to promote organic farming in general and the Rainbow Heritage Farms in particular, then he should/would have included in the original publicity blurb.

2013 Feb 20
I agree, FoodTravel. I was referring to the number of thumbs down that appeared before all the other comments even started. I guess I didn't think the event was that bad when I first read it, but I'm a crunchy granola kinda gal. (but not into detoxing or vegan stuff)

I'm not at all surprised at how many more thumbs down appeared after the OP replied to some of the posts! Re-reading the OP's comments, I almost feel like I'm reading replies from two different people. I also think the OP missed the little 'rules' below that you see when you post here:

"Treat other foodies with the same respect you expect from them.
Treat vendors with the same respect you expect from them as a customer.
Do not use unnecessarily coarse language."

I just hate the thought of someone discouting this farm if they read this thread. You know, guilt by association type of thing. Farming is hard enough without this kind of stuff going on!

2013 Feb 20
If you know the farmers personally I'd hope you pass along all the information about this situation.

Choosing partners in business is always risky but I hope that they have some really good reasons for going with a "Chef" from nowhere in the the local area and that has a lack of 'common-sense' to put it politely.

I personally don't hold it against them, I just hope that they don't get into the same situation ever again.

(you're known by the friends you keep after all)

2013 Feb 20
[ADMIN: I deleted this content due to privacy concerns. Posting others' resume info is not classy.]

2013 Feb 20
Not sure what constitutes local but Kudos Cuisine is in Parry Sound.

As for his resume... no comment

2013 Feb 21
Wow...guess you really are looking for a fight. Better hope things don't escalate and is this really worth it?

2013 Feb 21
Hey, now. I'm not one to pick fights, you all know that. If someone wants to pump up their CV a bit, well ... we've all done that a little bit.

You should hear some of the things I say about myself.

Bitch fight aside, I'm glad to see anyone doing stuff like this. We need more cooking shows and demos around town. ANYTHING to get people more interested in food. Even if it is food that I disagree with.

2013 Feb 21
The information is publically available via a simple google

When I did a cooking class here and a wine tasting course in montreal I also checked out the qualification experience of those instructors

2013 Feb 24
Happy Local Eating at The Healthy Living & Cooking Show! Thanks to all you could attend and gain some foodie knowledge! It was a great event and I look forward to seeing you there at our next episode. Thanks @Food Travel for posting my resume, I am always flattered that someone would take time to post my credentials and showcase my skills. Kudos Kuisine is in Parry Sound @MichaelGA Kudos Cuisine is a personal chef and catering service which offers Culinary Lessons. These Internet Assasins can keep posting all their negative messages, I will continue to strive forward!