A catering/restaurant in Westboro I can't remember the name of [Food/Vendor]

2013 Jan 30
There's a restaurant not too far from the parkdale market... infact it may be down the street on Parkdale that used to be an old fire hall. It still next to a fire station I think. They used to have a space for parties and the catered delicious food.... ring a bell for anyone? I've been trying to find it but with no luck

2013 Jan 30
Would it be Credible Edibles? I believe they closed their café a year or two ago and are focussing on catering IIRC.

2013 Jan 30
You may be thinking of The Urban Element. It is on Parkdale in the old Fire Hall. They do cooking classes and perhaps other stuff too.

2013 Jan 30
That's not westboro ... but sounds like you are talking about Urban Element

2013 Jan 30
Once again I did not read the OP properly-;) The words "fire station" should have been a tip-off... Gardner Mom is right - if you are looking for a place in an old fire station it is probably the Urban Element. I think Essence Catering is also in the area...

Now I'm off to get my eyes checked.

2013 Jan 30
YES! Its the urban element I was thinking of! thank you so much all!!!

I am trying to do a 60th birthday party for my dad and looking for a venue. I am considering the urban element but wonder if that will be too "fussy" for my dad.

Anyone know a good private party room feel for about 50 guests in Ottawa?

2013 Jan 30
I had recently attended private parties at both Fresco's and Murray Street - both for about 50 people (+/-). Both places provided a great setting and the staff did a great job!

2013 Jan 31
Art-is-In is now using its renovated space for special events. They will do catering and you can add a liquor license for $25.

www.artisinbakery.com/catering