Valentine's 2013 [General]

2013 Jan 28
Anyone know of venues offering special menus?

So far, I've only found one at Eighteen.

2013 Jan 28
Wellington Gastropub has their menu up:

www.thewellingtongastropub.com

Sidedoor has theirs:

sidedoorrestaurant.com

Brookstreet:

brookstreet-px.trvlclick.com

Cornerstone:

cornerstonebarandgrill.ca

Signatures LCB:

signaturesrestaurant.com

Black Cat Bistro:

blackcatbistro.ca

Stella Osteria:

www.stellaosteria.com

I think there are probably many more... I just got these from doing a Google search.

2013 Jan 28
A cool dinner & movie alternative is being offered again this Valentine's Day 75 feet underground at the Diefenbunker in Carp.
Catered by TheSwan at Carp. (Just read the reviews on here of this place...I think this will be very gooood. A three course dinner.)

Blast from the Past
6:00-10:30 pm and $100 per couple/$55 singles.
diefenbunker.ca

2013 Jan 28
The Valentines Day 'special menu' is the frequent default for most high-end'ish places. Ethnic food, pubs, burger places tend not to go that route, but i'm not surprised by anywhere on that list.

The 'problem', if find, is that more often than not the special menu is a subset of subset of the regular menu, rarely the bestest items from it, and adds a glass of pink champagne and a 10-15% price increase.
We tend not to dine out on Valentine's Day.

2013 Jan 28
I had a bad experience dining out at a well respected Ottawa restaurant on V-day. We were told we HAD to order an app, main and desert. Weren't THAT hungry, so left feeling stuffed, havent' been back since. Courses also arrived on top of each other. Would anyone like to know the venue?

2013 Jan 28
Main Street Cellar Wine Bar in Manotick is offering a great looking menu at $50.00 per person.

2013 Jan 28
Last year we decided to eat in and had a wonderful dinner from The Red Apron. I see they are offering it again this year - dinner for 2 is $62.90. Must order by February 10th. See their website for this year's menu: redapron.ca/

2013 Jan 28
In the east end, St. Martha's Brasserie d'Orleans has their Valentine's table d'hôte menu up on their website:
stmarthasbrasserie.com [PDF]