Vacuum sealers - grateful for any advice! [Food/Vendor]

2013 Jan 10
Hi everyone,
I'm a would-be local food entrepreneur looking into options for using vacuum and modified atmosphere packaging to preserve cut vegetables and other fresh foods. I've found lots of general and corporate info on Google, but would be very grateful if anyone has experience, advice or useful links/contacts they can share.
Thanks!

2013 Jan 10
I have a food saver and love it!!!

2013 Jan 11
Foodsavers are great but I'm not sure they'd be so great commercially. There is a machine called a "cryovac' that gets used commercially. Not sure how much they cost but I think they come in various sizes.

www.cryovac.com

2013 Jan 11
I have a food saver and it works ok. Do not think it would last long in a commercial setting. Like any inexpensive tool you get what you pay for.

2013 Jan 11
Pritchard's carries 2 by Nel (a manual and a digital). You'll have to call for price details.
www.pritchard.com

2013 Jan 11
Thanks all for the advice. I'll definitely need a commercial grade option. There are lots of brands out there but hard to distinguish them all based on their websites. Plus some can have a nitrogen gas flush option, which sounds interesting but may be unnecessary. I'll ask Pritchard's about theirs, and will call Cryovac and see what they say. Any further advice would still be much appreciated!

2013 Jan 12
Let us know what you find out. I find the strangest uses for things and often point people to incredulous sources based on others' recommendations.

For instance, this might be the right source for someone doing vacuum molding or small parts gluing for woodworking. You never know.