Reservations for AteLier [General]

2013 Jan 5
Any suggestions on what night of the week would be best to go to AteLier?

Will be making reservations for 2 sometime between 9 - 16 March.

Any and all information appreciated.

Thanks

2013 Jan 5
Avoid Sundays and Mondays, as portions are tiny and cold (price is amazing though!).

Any other day, Tuesday through Saturday, highly recommended!!

:-) :-) :-)

2013 Jan 5
Aren't portions still pretty tiny at any time though? (judging by the videos/pictures I've seen posted from many who've dined there).

Honest question: do you feel "full" after the whole experience?
Satisfied? Enlightened?

I ask because I don't know that I'd personally want to take that kind of leap from our so-called traditional dining to this odd morph. Not that it's not a great thing to live in its own right! Just looking for different viewpoints :)

2013 Jan 5
the portions are indeed small, but there are so many courses that you will definitely be full. My advice would be to book an early evening dinner, because a big part of the fun is the element of surprise as each course is announced. It's a small place and if you go later, you risk hearing about the courses in advance as your neighbours who arrived earlier than you are being served.

2013 Jan 5
Fully agree with blubarry... And a
I am a big eater. Ditto on the early dining comment.

I also find it tough to walk in a straight line after consuming the wine pairing. And that is after a 150 minute dinner!

2013 Jan 5
LOL at Fresh Foodie

thanks for the advice.

2013 Jan 6
Yes - each of the portions is smallish but don't worry about being hungry. There are so many courses that you'll be more than full (we found it very hard to finish the last few offerings).

I absolutely agree with the advice of booking a time earlier in the evening - this will allow you to space all the eating a drinking over a longer timeframe.

2013 Jan 6
I found it easy to finish all the food, but it's definitely a satisfying meal in every sense of the word. But if you're a big eater like me, you shouldn't listen to the people who tell you to skip lunch if you're going there for dinner. :-)

2013 Jan 7
Saurian, agree with FF don't skip lunch, but I did leave full. That was my only concern/question when I ate there - would I want a burger after? The answer was no. And it was probably the most fun I've had going out.

2013 Jan 7
Cool thanks for all the inputs. I think it's an experience I might want to try before too long. Gotta do some more reading up on the science behind it though first, heh.

2013 Jan 7
As a light eater I was concerned about getting full too soon but it didn't happen. It dawned on me pretty quick that the food was so delicious there's no way I'd not eat it all. I had a small lunch.

And yeah, it was my favourite dining experience ever. Do not hesitate to go!

2013 Jan 8
I was full as well, but I always eat lunch no matter!

You definitely want to try it - as others have said, do not hesitate!