Flying Banzini has a location [Food/Vendor]

2013 Jan 2
With much thanks to everyone here who has offered advice both publically and privately, I now have a location.

The Flying Banzini will be going in to the eastern half of the Collected Works location on Wellington, close to Holland.

This group was essential in keeping me focussed on where I wanted to be. I started to stray and came close to settling for a location that would not have been my favourite. Phew. Glad I didn't.

When I heard about Collected Works impending bankruptcy I introduced myself to Christopher (co-owner). That was hard for me. I am a big fan of independent book sellers and, like many, have watched with sadness as more and more closed. I am far from a savvy and experienced businessperson and it felt terribly awkward to me. Christopher was a gentleman and a class act. Thank you, sir, for your patience and kindness, particularly given the circumstances.

Long story made short, I eventually made contact with the landlords and now hope to open The Flying Banzini sometime around June 1.

Next step, design and Building Permit Application.

2013 Jan 2
Welcome to the neighbourhood!

2013 Jan 2
congrats! It's a great space.

2013 Jan 2
I'll be there on day one, if not before.

Government worker lunch crowds. Keep this in mind. They don't like to spend money and love to eat a lot. They'll have one beer, an appetizer and no dessert. It's the evening crowd where you'll do your main business.

Probably.

2013 Jan 3
Good for you; you'll love the neighbourhood!

BTW Bytown News is going in the 'other half' of Collected works...

Terry

2013 Jan 3
The menu and service methodology is designed for a fast, excellent lunch to hopefully Tunney's will embrace us.

I knew about Bytown News. I am really excited to that, too, as I think we will be great neighbours for one another.

2013 Jan 4
I know what you need to help bolster press and gain a cult-like following:
Flying Banzini Monkey

2013 Jan 4
I had one but I lost it at a nearby IKEA.

2013 Jan 4
I think I saw it eating at another resto ;)

2013 Jan 4
Hipster monkey

2013 Jan 7
Coincidentally, an out of town friend just sent a layout diagram. Tongue in cheek, he has left room for monkey cages. Although, he feels a large flock of parrots woudl be OK too. Are parrots flocks?

2013 Jan 7
I hate it when I walk into a restaurant and its full of flocking parrots.

2013 Jan 7
Yes, we call them flocks. Flocks that generate a lot of parrot poop. It'd almost be worth it to see the face on the health inspector as he walks in for his first visit :P

2013 Jan 7
depends upon how much the average parrot check is. They might be bigger spenders than the gov't workers.

:P

2013 Jan 7
Hmm. I'll have to bring Isaac out with me next time to find out!