Your coffee is $50 per lb? [General]

2012 Dec 26
It is if you use one of those k-cup or similar machines

Based on 62 cents a cup - best price i can find in a few minutes of googling is 64 cents a cup. Don't even mention the garbage these montrosities create - if you ask me they should have a per-cup disposal tax on them.

money.msn.com

2012 Dec 26
We have a reusable filter cup for our keurig that you pack with your own ground

2012 Dec 27
I have the Keurig filter cup as well, though I don't use it very often. It defeats the purpose for which I bought the device all those many years ago.

So, you're saying that a coffee machine that uses pre-packaged and convenient throw-away, single-serve pods/packs is more expensive than the kind where you have to measure out the loose coffee by yourself into a paper filter and then find some place to dispose of the mess? Wow, I find that hard to believe ...

2012 Dec 31
The average cost for a coffee when you buy it by a can is about 6 cents - compare that to the cost of your individual single serve - most start at 60 cents each and can average over a buck easy.

2013 Jan 4
... and if I go down to the cafeteria at work, the same cup is $1.25 and tastes terrible. So K-Cup, in my office, is more economical and tastes better (and if you buy in bulk, they cost $.45 a cup)

2013 Jan 4
I really hope everyone uses those refillable filter cups. So much waste with the regular cups...