Organic Christmas Market [Events]

2012 Dec 19
Thought I'd invite you all to our Christmas Market this Saturday December the 22nd from 10am - 2pm.

There will be music, refreshments, and a craft activity for kids. We will also be collecting food for the Food Bank at this market if you would care to donate anything.

AND there will be a whole bunch of really yummy organic foodstuffs! Think organic breads, cookies, meats, eggs, dairy, nuts, fruits, vegetables, olive oil, skin care, teas, and oh, I know I'm forgetting some things!

This is our last market of the year, but the market will re-open on January 12th, 2013.

The Organic Farmers Market of Ottawa is located at 1644 Bank Street near Heron, behind the Canadian Tire. www.oofmarket.ca

2012 Dec 21
Just spoke with some of the other vendors from the market, and sounds like there will be lots of goodies there tomorrow! Even some Lebkuchen, Zymurgist!

I'll also have some artisan cheese plates like the one in the picture here. It's got over a pound of organic farmstead cheeses on it like: Double Cream Coulomier, Marinated Boccacini, Paprika Cream Cheese, Alpine Cheese, and Farmers Cheese. They are all wrapped in special cheese paper so they will keep for quite a while, if you have that kind of willpower!

2012 Dec 22
I went to the market, met the organicgirl, found out they were all out of the big plates of organic cheeses. Pooh.

So, I got s bunch of other stuff including some of her Gouda. Dear sweet Thor, that's some good cheese! I mean, REALLY REALLY good. I'ma go back regularly for more now that I know.

I got some lovely eggs, some really good looking onions and a marzipan stollen. Not a bad haul.

Thanks for reminding us about this. I don't go as often as I should and depending on Loblaw's for good produce is not the best option.

2012 Dec 23
It was very cool to meet you in person, Rizak! You are a hoot! I'm glad you like our rinky-dink little market. :-) Say, if the vanilla beans you sell are organic, maybe you'd like to sell at the market from time to time. ;-)

And thanks to all the folks that came out and made this a great last market of the year! See you in January.