Bulk order for Prague Powder #1 [General]

2012 Dec 17
Trying to get some more numbers on a bulk order with the brewers list ... if you sign up to the spread sheet below put "Ottawa Foodies" in your entry somewhere.

Quote from the person organizing the order :

I put $2 / pound for now. I think it will end up being less than that.

I'm ordering from Canada Compound. The "pink salt" they sell is 6.4%
sodium nitrite and is not actually pink. You can add 10.9g of table
salt to 1 pound of this to bring it back down to 6.25%, or you can
probably also use it as is. I'm only ordering one sack, so there is a
max of 55 lbs. If there is a lot of interest, we can look at the
possibility of ordering a second sack, but I don't think this will
happen.

Order closes on Friday at 12:00 pm (noon) or whenever it reaches 55
lbs, whichever comes first.

docs.google.com

2012 Dec 17
Ordering tomorrow and hope to have it by end of the week ...

2012 Dec 18
Still room to get in on the order

2012 Dec 19
Just added my information for 6 lbs, looks like it's all full up now.
55lbs reached

2012 Dec 19
I ordered it yesterday (I took over the order from the other guy) and I'll let you know when it is here.

2012 Dec 19
It has arrived but I don't know yet what the cost will be (have not yet seen an invoice)

2012 Dec 19
So it will be $.150 per lb. There is one 6lb order I'm reducing to 5lb because someone's order got accidentially removed by a not very careful editor (not me).

Check the SS for final totals and contact me in PM or email for pickup

2012 Dec 19
Prague Powder #1 ... sounds like some kinda industrial insecticide or fungicide used on farms.

2012 Dec 19
Awesome! I hope I didn't mess that up, I was accessing the sheet on a mobile device so it was a bit finicky. I will email you shortly.

2012 Dec 19
Nope, we went back through the edit history in the sheet and it was not you.

It is divided up now so please contact me ASAP about arrangements to get it. I'll be at the Atomic Rooster lunch tomorrow (Thursday) and will toss it all in the car. Otherwise I live by the Parkdale Market and work at the General Hospital but will only be there Friday until after the holidays.

I don't see any trips to Almonte in my near future unfortunately Chimi, though tomorrow night a guy from Munster is coming to get his so if you feel like going to Munster I could give it to him.

2012 Dec 19
Whoops, above I said $.150 per lb and meant $1.50 per pound - check the spread sheet. I've updated it with what you owe

2012 Dec 19
Here are some photos I took of the bag if interested ... follow the link

plus.google.com

2012 Dec 19
Well it might be me who messed up the spreadsheet or maybe not i've never used one before.

I did originally order 5lbs and then saw that it only left one pound till the limit. (who needs only one pound?)

I then changed it to 3 pounds to split the amount and then quickly realized that I needed at least 4... so I changed it to 6 just to keep the total even.

(after reading that .. . i'm pretty sure it must have been me. Sorry~ )

---- anyway ----

I'm from north of Almonte just a bit but have a flexible schedule and vehicle.

Maybe give Chimi's and Mine to the guy in Munster and I'll pick it up and deliver it to both of us? As long as the guy in Munster doesn't mind giving me his address.

Chimi can't live far if in Almonte (it's pretty small), i'd be happy to drop it off as i'm out in the country near Saffire Farms (everything is a drive).

It'd save me a drive into the city and help someone else out in Almonte.

Thanks

2012 Dec 20
Nope, was not you either ... I'll check with him to see if he is OK with taking your stuff but I'm sure he will be

2012 Dec 20
Sounds like a plan then.

Thanks for setting it all up!

2012 Dec 20
Thanks for the photo's DL'd them so I don't loose the instructions.

Hopefully get to some creating after christmas.

Sent Emails to those involved in the trafficking .... (LOL)

Shoot me an email if you're doing anymore bulk buying!
Great price for great stuff!