Pistachios in Ottawa? [General]

2012 Dec 17
Hi Ottawa Foodies,

I'm new to Ottawa and am looking for a source for (as fresh as possible) pistachios. Does anyone have any suggestions of shops I should try?

2012 Dec 17
For the BEST pistachios, visit a Middle East food store that has a turn over.

They are sourced from the middle east and IMHO taste wayyyyy better than the uniform California variety found in grocery stores etc. They seem to have a wider flavour profile and depth of flavour. And if u like , come in different sizes and flavorings (e.g. lemon) and also shelled or unshelled ... roasted or not.

Here is a list by using the Grocery and Middle Eastern Tags here at Ottawa Foodie:

Afghan Halal Bakery · 1 comment
Al Jazeerah [2] · 6 comments
Al-Kalaa Mini Market [2] · 16 comments
Damask Grocery · 1 comment
Istanbul Gourmet Food
Malak Pastry · Website · 6 comments
Mid-East Food Centre [5] · Website · 5 comments
Middle East Bakery [1] · 5 comments
Shiraz Grocery Store [4] · 6 comments
matar market · 1 comment

2012 Dec 17
Thanks CC! It's probably my fave or second fave nut, yet I've never sourced them from a Middle East store. If they're even better from their suppliers, I'm in for a treat!

I've just been buying from Costco/Loblaws/Farmboy.

2012 Dec 17
Great help Captain!

Thanks!!!

2012 Dec 18
Passed by this place many times on my way home but have never been in. It's on the corner of Kilborn and Bank.

Our neighbours just gave us a huge jar of their nuts as a thank you for something we helped them with.

They are really tasty. No clue if they have pistachios but you can call them or go and check them out.

Ottawa Roastery
1221 Kilborn Av Ottawa, ON K1H 8L4
(613) 521-5451

2012 Dec 19
They're mainstream, but the President's Choice ones at Loblaw's and the ones from Costco are very good and consistent in quality.