Salad bars/veg food downtown? [Food/Vendor]

2012 Dec 12
I work at albert & kent. Sometimes I go to green rebel for salads, but I was wondering if there were other options out there, aside from the icky marcello's salad bars, for a decent salad or some good vegetarian/vegan food?

2012 Dec 12
The only vegetarian/vegan option that comes to mind is Bread and Sons on Bank Street. Bowich is a little further down and I "think" they have a vegetarian option at lunch. Pep and Nino's has a limited selection of vegetarian options on their menu.

2012 Dec 12
Might be a bit far, but if you're up for a walk definitely check out Freshii on sparks.

The food is fresh and tasty, and they have daily specials to boot!

2012 Dec 12
OH! Also, Try Manhattans on Laurier right near Kent.

Sure its a burger place, but they also make awesome wraps!

The have all kinds of veggies, and also make a tasty mango salsa.

They have menu items, but usually they just put together whatever I'm in the mood for.

2012 Dec 12
I just started working on slater in september, my dad gave told me about the Corner Kitchen in the building he used to work in. its located in a dingy cafeteria in the basement of 200 kent. Though its not all vegetarian/vegan. There are some great options and they seem uber conscious about dietary restrictions, the food is super fresh and well priced. My only quibbles (considering I walk the 10 min there and back every lunch), is they aren't always consistent, sometimes the food is out of this world amazing, sometimes just decent and I find they rush you to the point of being stressful... nonetheless I always go back.

2012 Dec 12
What about Gooney's on Laurier at Kent? They make huge salads with all sorts of ingredients available, plus some of their sandwiches are meat-free (including the pizza sub, which I find odd - would have expected at least some kind of typical pizza meat on it)...

2012 Dec 12
a little out of the way, but i hear Todric's makes a mean vegan salad! *rimshot*

in all seriousness, Bread & Sons vegan pizza FTW...

2012 Dec 17
some good tips, thanks! forgot about the freshii. will check out corner kitchen too