Santorini Greek Family Restaurant Closed! [General]

2012 Dec 5
Santorini has closed! This restaurant never had a real identity, the menu was always very limited and expensive. The owner has left many creditors who are still waiting to be paid. I work in the hospitality sector and I can testify that he's a very bad client. The end of his restaurant was deserved and it was only a matter of time!

2012 Dec 6
I can't wait for Steve Wall's Supply and Demand to open up here!!

2012 Dec 6
There are few things as classless as pissing on a grave. (Not aimed at you, Eastcoast Chef.)

2012 Dec 6
Was this still owned by the Aroma Meze folks, just rebranded? Never went to this place, but always had a good time at Aroma on Nepean.

2012 Dec 6
I'm guessing Mr. Red is one of the creditors who has lost money from the owner. From that perspective people have the right to be ticked. Not that it makes it a good forum to post here.

2012 Dec 6
" .... owned by the Aroma Meze folks ... " ?

Yup

Michael Tatsis (Mike)
Executive Chef (and owner)
Aroma Meze and Wine

I helped install the sound system at Aroma Meze just before it opened. He had a culinary expert in to help create some of the Meze dishes. I remember seeing a cucumber cut thinly and longitudinally to create a cupping wrap for a small Greek Country Salad.

The lady that did the 'faux' painting in there was phenomenal ! Marble looking stuff made with a few colours, a sponge, and a couple of paint tools. Wowed me.

(He did pay for the sound system at that time.)

2012 Dec 7
On a mercenary note, I would LOVE to put The Flying Banzini into Santorini's location. Does anyone know who the landlord is?

2012 Dec 7
It's already leased. Supply and Demand is going in.

www.ottawamagazine.com