Modern wheat is "a perfect, chronic poison" [General]

2012 Dec 3
Wow! I saw the subject without seeing who posted it and said to myself that I'm going to have to tag Johnny English on this to prove some of the stuff I've been saying.

Dude. Evidence is building ...

2012 Dec 3
Well, it depends on what you've been saying. I don't see how this impacts upon the previous discussions we've had - the argument that this article makes is that modern grain products, especially wheat, have been genetically bred to create a dependency, and that we generally eat too much of them.

2012 Dec 4
yes wheat is responsible for all our dietary woes. No wait, its corn. no no wait its too much red meat. No wait its not enough red meat and too many carbs. Oh wait its cbs this morning - princess kate is pregnant - did you know pregnant women can suffer from something called morning sickness? Maybe its due to the wheat?

Sorry - #1 dont' trust anything that is on network TV. #2 Everything in moderation. I'm not slamming you guys, just grumpy. Maybe its the coffee.

2012 Dec 4
Hey, I agree with you. The biggest problem is that we eat too much of everything, especially high fat, high carb foodstuffs, and we do too little.

2012 Dec 4
I blame MTV.

2012 Dec 4
I'll drink to that!

2012 Dec 4
It seems to me that "poison" is the new buzzword in nutrition. In the past, they would say "eating too much X is bad for you". Now it's "X is poison, don't eat any!" And X can be cholesterol, fat, saturated fat, red meat, all meat, carbs, corn, salt, sugar, gluten...

Either they don't know the meaning of the word, or they are taking the wide defintion of "if it can be harmful in any amount, then it is a poison". Of course, by that criteria, everything is poison. Drink enough water in a short period of time and you'll die.

It's also great how they always have anecdotal evidence of some people eliminating X from their diet and losing weight/being cured of whatever!

Obviously, if I stopped eating all the things that they say are bad for me (without replacing them with anything else), I'd lose weight... but I don't think it would prove that any of those things are "poison". It would just prove that eating very little (and only boring tasteless food) is a way to lose a lot of weight ;-p

2012 Dec 5
Sourdough...made me laugh!

Living is unhealthy because we all die in the end!!!

Eat a potato...its wheat and gluten free! ;-))

2012 Dec 5
A guy saying stuff isn't evidence. Where are ths sources?