Plum pudding - where to buy? [General]

2012 Nov 28
I have a new addition to our Christmas dinner guest list and know this guest would live a traditional plum pudding after the meal. Does anyone know where I could buy a small one? We would do our own hard sauce on it ( and set it on fire).

It would not be the only dessert, so I want a small one.
Thanks!

2012 Nov 28
Thyme and Again makes them.

2012 Nov 29
I'm pretty sure the Piggy Market was doing these last year. They may be doing them again this year.

2012 Nov 29
Presidents Choice usually has one every year. It comes in a red and white tin. It's quite small and very tasty.

We get the Birds Custard packets at the Scottish and Irish store and add some rum to it.

2012 Nov 29
I buy Black and Croswell plum puddings at Loblaws and find they are very nice for a bought pudding. Perfect small size too. If you aren't squeamish about raw eggs, try this hard sauce recipe to go with the plum pudding: Cream butter the size of an egg with an egg yolk. Stir in 1 cup icing sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Fold in a stiffly beaten egg white until combined. Scrape into a small serving dish, sprinkle nutmeg on top and refrigerate until hard. This sauce will melt nicely on top of a heated pudding and is great with mincemeat tarts too.