Museum of Civilization Restos [General]

2012 Nov 24
Hey there - has anyone been to any of the restaurants at the Museum of Civilization (sorry - the Canadian Museum of Parochialism/History)? Thinking of going for lunch then the Christmas Market, but don't want to waste money. The area around there (walking distance) is not so hot for restos.

2012 Nov 27
A little late, but I used to work at the museum years ago. On my break I would run across the street to the P'tit epicerie du quartier. I haven't been in quite a while but they made fantastic sandwiches on art-is-in bread (even before the store front opened) and a delicious lentil soup. I remember it wasn't too expensive because I would go practically every shift :)
it is kind of awkward ordering because the set-up is so tight and it is actually more like a depanneur, but the food was super yummy...

2012 Nov 28
Promenade du Portage is about 3min walk and has some good options including Molto and Fatima's. The food court in also nearbye Place du Centre is decent.

2012 Nov 28
Has anyone tried the Bistro Boréal in the Museum of Civilization ? If so, please review.

Here is it's menu:

www.civilization.ca

With Harper's Government changing the museum into The Canadian History Museum the items on the Bistro Boréal may change:

Soup of the day --> Spin of the day
Vegetable and Oka Lasagna --> Oka Stand-off Lasagna
Bison Medallion --> Bison Driven Near Extinction Medallion
etc.

... and for from the Grab and Mall to rile ya's up:

www.theglobeandmail.com

2012 Nov 28
Check out La P'tit Epicerie du Quartier at 158 rue de Notre-Dame-de-l'île. Amazing samwhiches on Art-is-in bread, right beside the museum.

2012 Nov 28
Le Tartuffe is an easy walk from the museum.
www.letartuffe.com

2012 Nov 28
I haven't been myself, but Ann Des Brisay reviewed Boréal favourably back in May.
See:

www.capitaldining.ca

2012 Nov 28
La P'tit Epicerie du Quartier for sure.

Fresh daily homemade soup and amazing sandwiches

2012 Nov 30
We went to Bistro Boréal in August when chef George Laurier was still there. Food and service were fantastic. Not sure how it is now with the new chef though...

2012 Dec 8
I just posted my review of Bistro Boréal. Overall my opinion was that there wasn’t anything particularly wrong with the food and maybe it was the lack of ambience that prevented me from being overly enthusiastic about this place. Perhaps it is better at lunch when the museum is open and there are more people around.