Best selection of loose tea in the Greater Ottawa area? [General]

2007 Sep 8
Having recently moved to the Ottawa area from Waterloo (where we had an excellent loose tea vendor), my supplies have nearly run out.

Can anyone recommend a vendor with a good selection of loose tea to purchase for home consumption? I need my fix in the morning!

2007 Sep 8
If you're a tea nut like me and ever in the Waterloo/Stratford area, here is the link to the aforementioned stores website: www.distinctlytea.com/

2007 Sep 8
I usually find what I am looking for at the Tea Store in the Byward Market.

2007 Sep 8
There is a very cute little tea shop on Wellington, (near the corner of Wellington and Holland). I like getting my tea there since the woman who owns it seems to really have a passion for tea, and I like supporting for the little non-market guys.

2007 Sep 8
The shop on Wellington is called Nectar Fine Teas. My wife goes there all the time. The woman behind the counter does seem really knowledge and I was impressed when she remembered what type of tea my wife liked when I was in there shopping for her (I had only been in a handful of times before).

When we lived in the Market, we used to always go to the Tea Party on York St. It's changed hands since we were regulars but it's probably worth a try as well.

2007 Sep 8
www.coffee.ca over in gatineau has a pretty big selection

2007 Sep 9
I haven't tried the other suggestions, but I'll second From Da Rock's endorsement of the Tea Store: Tea Store (I took a photo of shelves packed with the majority of their offerings.)

2007 Sep 9
Thanks for the info everyone. I'll be sure to check out the Tea Store in the market, as it seems strangely similar to the store I used to frequent in Waterloo.

BUT, I will also take a peek at the smaller store on Wellington... primarly because it's less than 100m from my front door! :o