Which food is good for diabete patients? [General]

2012 Nov 15
Hi

My gradpa is diabete patient. So which food is good for his health and which not?

Also say something new study on Neural connection in Type 2 diabetes, says study - news.saanj.net

2012 Nov 15
This is not a question for an amateur and uncontrolled forum such as this one. Please ask your doctor about what foods your grandpa should eat. Best of luck. :)

2012 Nov 15
I am a diabetic (type 2), and even I can't tell you what your grandfather should eat. Short answer - whatever keeps his blood sugars within range. What that range is will be defined by his doctor, and finding those foods is best done with experiementation, and careful record keeping. Diabetics can eat *anything*, it's just the amount that varies for each food, and with what medication(s) they are using. Good luck.

2012 Nov 15
There is a diabetic clinic at the Riverside, Civic, Queensway-Carleton and Monfort Hospitals. He needs a referral from his Dr. Also Ottawa Public Health has diabetes education.

The Canadian diabetes Association has useful links and information on their website. www.diabetes.ca/

2012 Nov 15
Helpful though you folks all are, I suspect the real point of OP's post was the last three words.

2012 Nov 15
I did a brief check of saanj.net prior to replying, and it looked legitimate to me. Let me know if you have information to the contrary.

2012 Nov 15
No, I just assumed that it was probably spam given it was linking to an apparently random site.

2012 Nov 16
lovetoeat mentioned the clinics at local hospitals, and the Foustanellas Clinic at the Riverside is excellent. Their program includes among other things, training in nutrition and access to dieticians who specialize in nutrition for diabetics. Get a referral.